Monday, February 27, 2017

Week Three; Powering up My Fingers

Mr. Moroe's "Power Exercises for Flute" is proving to be just as much of a challenge as he suggests several times throughout the book! Week three has been the hardest week yet (mostly due to the articulation choice of tongue two slur two or tongue one slur two in the case of triples). I found day four to be he absolute hardest this week with that day being the day with the most immovable tempos. Strangely enough, though, day seven was no bad at all and I am ready to move almost all of the tempos from that day forward as can be see from my notebook below. As usual for this challenge, below you can see my progress each day if you are so inclined.


I'm getting ready to start the final week of this challenge and felt like this was the time to let you all know that although I had originally planned to do one more this spring for the month of March, due to upcoming auditions I will instead be moving back between the Moyse technique book and T&G. I would recommend that if you want another challenge for the coming month, purchase the Moyse book:



See below for this week's challenge set:

Week 4: February 17th - March 5th
This week is all tongued and increasing metronome markings as possible. The goal is to have the most accuracy possible at the quickest tempo possible.

As always; Happy Practicing!!


No comments:

Post a Comment