Sunday, February 19, 2017

Powering Up my Fingers Week 2

Week two of the Power Exercises challenge was the hardest yet for me in terms of logistics. I performed two concerts a day this week and a few of those days I was driving upwards of four/five hours a day which also led me to sadly need to skip one day of the challenge. This week coming up I should be back on track totally (although I'll be driving back from Wisconsin Saturday so may have to skip that day as well...).

I found that a few of the exercises this week were really hard when I started to add in the articulation. I had an EXCEPTIONALLY tough time with day 3 which you'll be able to see in my notebook below. Anything not crossed out in terms of tempos mean that they went well and I can move up if my plan says to, but that I could also keep it at this tempo. Anything crossed out means it was easy and went well enough that I will be upping the tempo this coming week. Anything circled was ABYSMAL and needs to be done again at the same tempo with the hopes that it works itself out through the challenge.


I'm really loving this book still! I can feel how it's making a difference in my fingers. The one thing I want to add this week is more tone exercises afterwards though. The problem with focusing on technique is that often the tone suffers and I have been feeling that hardcore. My control is not as great so I need to focus on making sure I have that where it needs to be as well.



Week three is as follows (all tempos are generally the same and can be moved up if needed):

Week 3: February 20th - 26th
Chromatics - Tongue Two Slur Two (6’s Tongue 2 slur 4) (triplet tongue 1 slur 2)
    Metronome Markings - “    “
Major Scales - “    “
Minor Scales - “    “
Major Chords - “    “
Minor Chords - “    “
Diminished 7th Chords - “    “
Miscellaneous - “    “



No comments:

Post a Comment