Thursday, March 9, 2017

The Final Power Through

The final week of the Ervin Moroe "Power Exercises" technique challenge was hard to complete due to laziness post birthday...but I DID IT!!


These challenges have taught me a lot about my fingers and general technical ability and I really think that they have helped so much with security in my own playing. This week I've started to get into pre-audition conditioning and it has been AMAZING to see the results of just the two months of challenges permeating through my conditioning schedule! Going up to high D on my major scales is happening more times than ever before and I KNOW this will help with Classical Symphony along with other excerpts. Makes me feel and see the improvement and appreciate all of you who participated with and encouraged me to get through it!

As stated in a few previous posts, I will not be doing an official challenge this month due to audition prep SO if any of you are looking for another challenge I recommend purchasing Marcel Moyse's Daily Exercises for the Flute (pictured below). It comes with its own month set up/plan which is what I have based my other challenges on. Incidentally I also use this book as my audition conditioner so we'd still be doing something together I'm just not doing the month plan.


If you create or have created challenges like this yourself please let me know! I'm always looking for something new...and I know I'll be doing another one in June regardless!

Until then...

Happy Practicing!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment