Sunday, May 4, 2014

Auditions and old friends!

It has been and will continue to be a whirlwind few months for me! Sunday through Wednesday I was in Lansing for my last Lansing Symphony concert of the season. I had a great time and have really enjoyed my time with them this past year. Now I wait...hopefully I get good news and tenure is in my near future!!

Thursday one of my best friends Heather graduated form her Master's program at the University of Michigan (I am SOSOSO proud of her!) and Friday was spent at my friend Matt's high school for their production of Carrie. The musical was intense, dark and included death, blood and dancing. It was like an opera only not at all!

Saturday I spent the day driving to Des Moines for the Principal, Second and Piccolo auditions that will be happening the day this blog gets posted. I'm nervous and excited! Possibly I will post a blog about audition processes soon... The preparation time was severely limited so at this point what happens happens and all else is up to fate. This brings me to the exciting part; I get to see my friend Jason!

Jason spent some time with me at the San Francisco Conservatory and was in the Bay Quintet with me when we gave a special featured performance of Mario LaVista's "Cinco Danzas Brevas" as a part of the BluePrint New Music Concert Series. He's such an amazing person and it is so nice of him to put me up so last min. Take a look at the pictures I took below!

Until next week (cross your fingers for good news!) Happy Practicing!!




No comments:

Post a Comment