Sunday, December 15, 2013

Let it Snow...and Then Melt!


Yesterday it snowed like I personally haven't seen it snow in years (although living in a place where it doesn't snow might be a contributing factor to that). It made me realize that for those of us who celebrate Christmas time is short and I have no presents! Hopefully this week will afford me enough time (and money) to get a few small things for some of the people I care about.

This week I decided to apply for a position at the University of Connecticut. It's the perfect kind of job for me! The posting is for Associate Artist Professor of Woodwinds (in either flute, oboe, clarinet or bassoon) and if selected I would be teaching flute, coaching woodwind chamber, teaching a course on wind chamber music and also possibly teaching some kind of history course. I'm really hoping I can get my materials finalized this week and apply but they want recordings and I'm not certain that I have three contrasting recordings that are of the correct caliber for this type of job position. I have three that I'm planning to use but there's a mistake in one that I'm not certain will be forgiven by a committee. We shall see! I wonder if it's best to always just record fresh for things like this? Or (and this is the option I'm going to work on this summer) maybe I should just have a few recordings of some standards that are as good as I can get them and re-record them every year or two. Either way if I'm going to continue on this path I need to make sure I'm prepared for things like this!

Coming up this week I have my first Lansing Symphony Concert. I can't wait to have my first rehearsal on Saturday! Here's to a great week of music making.

Have a great week and until next time bye!!

No comments:

Post a Comment