Sunday, November 3, 2013

Go Green Go White!!


This week marks a few personal goals that I have been meaning to achieve for myself.  First, I officially started to really work out at Planet Fitness (including a meeting with a trainer who helped me to come with with a personalized workout), I selected all of my rep for summer festivals and I made meetings with two different people to try some headjoints (which I've been needing to do for weeks).

Starting college a few years ago also marked my official "retirement" from dance and I have done nothing but regret this ever since.  Now that I am out of school I would LOVE to get back involved (especially with tap/ballet) but more than anything else I miss feeling good like I did when I was dancing six nights a week.  Just too much jiggles now!  Joining Planet Fitness was cheap, easy and I have a friend whose going to workout with me twice a week so we can keep ourselves motivated towards our goals.  Hopefully I am able to finally start feeling good about the way I look and just in general more from here on out.

I have selected my rep for summer festivals!!......of course now I need to really hammer down which ones I'm applying to.  I know that I am going to try and apply to Music Academy (since Tim teaches there and I miss him) and also Brevard but beyond that I just don't know what festivals I want to spend the money applying to knowing I may not get accepted.  Each festival costs between 50 and 100 dollars to simply apply for and I just can't afford to apply for more than 4 at those prices!  Still on my list for consideration are NRO, NOI, Chautauqua and Spoleto.  Hopefully I can narrow it down more by the end of the week.

My search for a headjoint has been a hard one so far!  Even though I know I need to change my setup if I'm going to win a job in the future the cost I'm facing right now on just this one section of my flute is making my VERY poor head spin.  I'm hoping I can stay under $2500 (and that's with a tiny loan from my parents) but it just may not be possible.  We shall see...but considering I just sent in my application for a repayment plan on my student loans my finances are about to become tighter than ever...I need a job!

Not much happened this week so this blog is a bit short and all over the place but I have exciting things happening in the next few weeks that I'll want to talk about so stay tuned!!  Just to leave you with something a bit more colorful I did go to East Lansing to tailgate and watch some of the MSU/UofM football game so here are a few pics:

My Cousin Lori and I at the tailgate

Dr. Chersea Muffin is my fave!!

Me and the boo duck facin'...I look special yes lol

No comments:

Post a Comment